Saturday, December 22, 2007

Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies

I'm claiming this recipe as my own. I read 3 different recipes for oatmeal cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, and cinnamon chip cookies and combined a little of each to come up with this scrumptious sweet!

1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter softened
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups rolled oats (quick kind)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup cinnamon chips (I use Hershey's)
1/2 cup nuts (0ptional)

Grease cookie sheet or use a baking mat or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat sugar and butter... add the eggs (no shells please)... now the vanilla... beat for a bit. Add oats and baking soda. Mix a while. Stir in flour/chips/nuts. Place by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. I like to make 1" balls with my hands and then slightly press the top. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edges turn light brown.

Cool and enjoy!

No comments: