Sunday, July 22, 2007

Crockpot Chicken

1/2 pound mini carrots
2 medium onions sliced
2 stalks celery cut in 1" pieces
1 whole frying chicken 3-4 pound
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 c chicken broth (water or white wine will also work)
1/2 tsp dried basil

Layer veggies in the bottom of the crockpot. Add broth. After washing and drying your chicken, sprinkle and rub with spices, then place on top of veggies. Cook on low all day long. (8-10 hours)

Be careful - it might be so tender it falls apart, so use the proper tools for dishing it out. Leftover chicken is great for many other yummy treats... pot pie, chicken salad, chicken noodle soup, or casserole!

**The first time I made this I placed left-overs for Keith in the fridge as he was working late that night. He woke me up to tell me it was the best chicken I have ever made!!!**

No comments: